Having a blog on your business’ website can be a very useful tool. Not only does it provide additional information to engage your customers/potential customers, but the search engines also love new and original content.
Here are our five top tips when it comes to blogging for your business:
1. Write about what people want to read about – ensure your posts are relevant and interesting. Don’t just focus on products and services you offer. Although your blog posts should all be related to your business’ ‘theme’, that doesn’t mean they should be limited only to your offerings. For example, a bike shop could not only post about particular types of bikes they sell, but also where the best cycling routes are or bike maintenance tips.
2. Encourage readers of your blog to enter into the discussion – blog commenting is an excellent way of allowing readers to engage with your content and your business.
3. Write about topics that you are genuinely interested in – readers will be a lot more engaged by your writing if they can tell you are actually interested.
4. Use the Google Keyword Tool to see which keywords people are using in their searches – incorporate relevant keywords into your blog posts. This will ensure your writing is both relevant and search-engine friendly.
5. Incorporate images – it is proven that pages with images are more likely to be read than those without. Make your page look visually appealing and visitors to the page will be enticed to read further.
Remember, the more you put into your blog, the more you will get out of it. Most blogs take some time to build up a regular readership so be patient.
Do you have any blogging tips? Feel free to comment below and share your ideas…